My goodness, what a week!  Actually, two weeks.  That little shop of mine has been front and center lately.  And while it’s been wonderful to see it flourish and grow, it’s definitely taken it’s toll.  I’m just now coming up for air from all the madness and it sure feels good to breathe.

After I opened up shop at the end of February, I decided that I needed to go big.  You know, go big or go home? I mean, why put all the sweat and tears into something if you aren’t going to give it your all after it’s up and running, right?  I decided I would purchase some ad space on a very popular blog.  One that has readers that fit into my store’s demographics.  Well, it really paid off.  I mean, from Day 1!  I anticipated having some time to get my shop ready before my shop’s feature and giveaway mid-month, but NO!!  So on top of filling orders, I was also creating new items and getting ready for the big day.  When the time finally came, I was inundated with orders!  While I was thrilled at the response, I was just a teeny, tiny bit overwhelmed.  I spent every waking hour during that next week fulfilling orders.  I hadn’t had time to create inventory in the days leading up to the giveaway, so I had to make everything as the orders came in.  It was arduous.

I can look back now and see that the time I was spending on the orders got to me. After all, I wasn’t looking for something that would take up all my time;  something that would basically require me to work more than 40 hours a week.  It’s obvious to me now that my family, especially the boys, had a rough time that week, too.  We had takeout five times that week.  FIVE!  We normally have takeout once a week.  My mood was…um…not at its best. There was no time to play after school, or enjoy time with the family after dinner.  Nope.  None of that happened. Mommy was very grumpy and tired. I even had a request for a wholesale order on some of my items! And while normally I would’ve been ecstatic about it, all I could feel was dread. I started doubting myself.  What in the world did I get myself into?? And how was I going to get out of it?

I’m happy to report that those thoughts and feelings have passed.  Once I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel my mood changed dramatically.  I felt so much better and more able to cope with the orders that were still coming in daily. And now I am back to focusing on the things that really matter, like my family and mySELF. I even decided on some new items to add to the shop.  I’m so excited about them, I can hardly contain myself!  I’ll be working on them next week, after I’ve had time to finish up some outstanding orders.

Now all I want to do is create something for myself. I’ve slipped a bit on my Project Life. But I just received some new goodies in the mail that have me excited to get going again.  I’ll share here once I get something done.

And I have no photo for this post. I haven’t shot in soooo long.  That’s how nuts things have been! But I’m back on the horse. So don’t despair, future posts will have some eye candy 🙂